Friday, March 12, 2010

Savater, bullfighting?

I cannot conceal, am going to do it although some zangolotinos fops are going to put me to broth in the comments, which admired Fernando Savater. In the personal thing, his resistance seems praiseworthy and extremely courageous to me to the terrorism member of ETA. In the political thing and in the intellectual thing, it looks like to me a very interesting type for his called constantly to something so complicated always like putting the reason ahead of the prejudice at the time of realizing captures of position. His ascription to UPyD, a political party that probably is going to do to my own party a lot of electoral damage to him - because the political damage we have done it to ourselves ourselves - and of which I feel so nearby as distant, reduces not even only one milligram of the admiration that I feel for him. The only thing that creaks me of his political behavior this vice species is for the perfection that some intelligentsia has when compromenten in politics, which seems that they play to everything or nothing, as if the politics was developing in the luminous world of the ideas, and not where really it does it, that it is inside the cavern, that she is always dark, cold, humid and daubed.

For these reasons, I have surprised an act of Fernando Savater about which a kind reader has informed me by e-mail. Savater, apparently, is bullfighting. I like. Or yes, because you already know that I am antibullfighting. What I surprise is that he has accepted to defend the bullfights of all reading such a stupid manifesto - and so opposite to his positions - as the one that he has read. It is not own of Fernando Savater, at least not of Fernando Savater whom I admire, who is Fernando Savater to whom the idea of Spain «blows of it», which tells in the video that heads these lines that the national ideas are metaphysical entelechies that he is not interested in, to turn into the voice of a manifesto that defends the bullfights «like one of the signs from identity of our country and our culture», that »are part of our heritage cultural and as such must be respected and protected by the Government of the nation».

It had been interesting that Fernando Savater, to capture his signature in the manifesto, had improved it contributing arguments that were not alluding to the national identity, which perhaps they are, and this is for what one expects from an intellectual of his size, when one asks him to sign a proclamation. Regrettably it has not done it, so perhaps we have to think that don Fernando should be, after all, one more patriot.

Admirable, like many others, but patriot.

No comments:

Post a Comment